Our club offers Safe Sitter courses throughout the year. Safe Sitter® teaches young teens (6th-8th graders) everything they need to know to be safe when they’re home alone, watching younger siblings, or babysitting. Students will learn life-saving skills such as how to rescue someone who’s choking, and helpful information like what to do if there’s severe weather. The lessons are filled with fun activities and role-playing exercises. Students even get to use manikins to practice choking rescue! (www.safesitter.org)
We have over 1000 graduates so far!
SafeSitter Essentials includes:
- Safety Skills
- Child Care Skills
- First Aid and Rescue Skills
- Life & Business Skills
No Classes are Currently Scheduled. Please check back.
Student Check-in starts at 9:15 am and class begins promptly at 9:30 am. Pre-registration is required. Parents are encouraged to attend a closing ceremony at the conclusion of class, from 2:45-3:00 pm.
Cost: $68.00 – which includes a pizza lunch and, upon completion of the course, The Official Safe Sitter® Babysitter’s Handbook with Completion Card, Important Numbers Note Pad, Bandage Dispenser, LED Flashlight, Pencil and Messenger Bag.
For more information, contact Safe Sitter Registration Coordinator Nicole McDermott at email@example.com.
- No refunds for cancellations.
- Requests for changes will be accommodated when possible with a fee of $20/change requested applied.
- If a child is sick and cannot attend the class, parents must email firstname.lastname@example.org in advance.
- If a child no-shows and does not attend the class, parents will be provided with a coupon code to register for a future class at half price.
- A space in the class cannot be reserved or held; a space in the class is secure once the online registration and payment have been completed.
- Classes will be canceled if there is insufficient enrollment; parents will be contacted at least 1 week prior to the class date if this is the case and you will receive a full refund or the chance to switch to another class with available space.
- The class is open to boys and girls who are in 6th through 8th grade, or who are working at at least a 6th grade level, at the time of the class.
- Children do not need to be Girl Scouts or Boy Scouts to participate, and this is not a Girl Scout event or Girl Scout-sponsored activity although the content of the course satisfies at least one Girl Scout badge.
- Safe Sitter Graduates are those who complete the entire course on the same day. The Safe Sitter kit is given only to graduates who have completed the full course. The kit includes The Official Safe Sitter® Babysitter’s Handbook, Completion Card, Important Numbers Note Pad, Bandage Dispenser, LED Flashlight, Pencil, and Messenger Bag.
- Please do not contact or drop by the site location to ask questions or drop off materials; the site location has no official affiliation with the program.
- For further information or questions, please contact email@example.com.
- Once a student is registered (with payment made online at the time of registration), parents will receive two emails: a confirmation email within 3 days of registering and a pre-class email at least 4 days prior to the class. The pre-class email will contain more specific information about the class for which your child is registered.
|Our Safe Sitter Team|
Site Coordinator, Instructor
| Nicole McDermott|
|Catie Dugan Vargas|
Special accommodations will be provided upon request. For general ADA questions/information, please contact the Fairfax County Office of Equity Programs at 703-324-2953 / TTY 711.